24 June 2013

Over the weekend...

It's not that I don't want to be posting here. It's just this summer we have a sweet toddler on our hands. Last summer he was an infant, and frankly, a little boring, and this summer! Whoo-hooo! He is so much fun. So far he doesn't even seem to mind the hot humidity we live in. He did not get those genes from me. Who's child is this anyways? However, I am trying to change my ways. This summer it is my goal to love the hot sticky heat. To let it give me a big, wet, french kiss every time I go outside and to kiss it right back. Kind of disgusting, I know, but hey, that's Virginia. And isn't Virgina for Lovers anyways? Come here honey!

And over the weekend I took that first plunge. I finally said yes to a hot and humid summer date with Virginia. We took Jude to the Nationals game (technically DC, I know) and it was really fun. It was a rotten game for the home team because the pitcher they paid $13 million (!!!) for is having a rough season so it really didn't matter that much that we didn't get to see a whole lot of the game. We did get to see a lot of the stadium walk ways. Jude thoroughly enjoyed walking around and pointing at things. I think he liked the new surroundings? Maybe he would have had just as much fun walking on the sidewalks in our complex, but I'm not entertaining that. No, not for one second - I'm dating this bloody hot state and dates mean doing things. It was a great first date and just as I expected, I was covered in that sloppy kiss by the end of it. And by the way Virginia, you kind of kiss like "Brad the Bad Kisser". I feel your pain Charlotte.

Now lets move on. I haven't given a proper update of what our little Judie Pants has been up to in months! Besides walking and pointing he does do some rather charming things. Such as...

Kisses! If he is in the mood and you pucker up he may come and give you a kiss. Oh those kisses. I think they could bring about world peace. So, so sweet. He knows what "let's go" means. He heads for the front door, pointing and stamping his feet with glee in hopes of more walking and pointing outside. He loooooves being outside. Also, he dances to music. Usually this means stomping his feet in place with a smile on his face and occasionally bopping his head. Putting things inside of things- he could probably do this at least all morning long. Anything that could be a receptacle is and in goes my chap stick, blocks, phone charger.... anything. I am hoping this means he has his fathers mild case of OCD because I love it when Dan immediately tidies up everything when he gets home from work. Sure, sometimes it makes me feel like a mild slob but that's a small sacrifice. Now Jude, lets work on putting mommies clothes away, shall we? And Jude is a pretty happy kid. Almost always wakes up happy and laughs and laughs all throughout the day. He especially loves to close the door of the room you are in and then if you knock on the door and open it he just goes ga-ga. Kind of like hide-and-go-seek but behind closed doors. Oh Jude. You are such a doll. Sometimes I think the only possible child that could be cuter than you would have been our Good Lord and Savior himself, The Baby Jesus. Only possibility, really. Or your child,  cause I mean, I know how you feel about your baby!! These kids!

Okay, that's it folks. I'll upload some pictures asap so it can seem like this actually happened. 

xoxo





0 woot-woots!: