31 January 2016

A 10 month post 11 days late!


                Ten months is far too old to be, Greta, but I guess I'll allow it. I have no choice.


The other day we were driving through a spaghetti bowl of over passes, listening to some music while the kids were babbling in the back, and it all made me so happy. It was a 'pinch yourself' moment and I just couldn't believe I am where I am in life. I have two beautiful, precious kids! One is rather loud and likes to stomp when he's upset, but if that is the worst of it, I'll take it. The other one is a smiley, sweet girl, with plump little thighs, that loves to giggle and tries to do everything herself. Oh mah sweet babies!



Well, at ten months Greta is standing on her own with wobbles here and there. She takes steps with her little walker toy and while holding on to furniture. We are pretty sure she calls me "mum mum mum mum", so maybe that's her first word but maybe it's not, she won't say. She loves to mimic sounds you make, play games with her binkie, and still loves her big brother. Greta honestly cannot take her eyes off him. She absolutely loves bath time with Jude. He makes her giggle and they splash the whole time. Greta also likes to dip her face in the bath water and wether she is trying to take a sip or see how it feels on her face, I don't know, but she does a cute little sputter every time. If Jude isn't with us she is always looking for him. And that Jude boy, he loooooves his baby sister, sometimes even softly and gently! He has to start his day off by kissing her on the forehead, because if he kisses her on the lips he gets too "goobey" (his words). Jude does not like goobey things, and he especially does not like it when Greta gets his toys goobey. Those are some difficult times. 

Recently my sweet baby Greta has turned into a grump a lump when she is put in her car seat. Awe man. Do I ever have to carefully wrestle her to strap her in and she cries and cries. But once we get going she's just back there babbling to herself and watching Jude. Jude likes to point out to Greta that he is very good at being strapped in and does not cry and that she should be the same way. Keep teaching her Jude. I'm not going to hold my breath. 


Greta is doing a little better with food. I give her what we eat and sometimes she likes it, sometimes she doesn't. I've been pushing blueberries on the kid for awhile and she finally tried them and seemed to like them- she's like that. I'll give her something and she takes days to finally try it. Honestly, feeding babies is such a pain in the ass. There! I said it! I'm looking forward to easier eating days, for both my kids. Good grief. Eat the food, CHILDREN.

My heart about stops dead when she waves. Greta is expert at waving which is best exhibited when she first wakes up. She is standing ready with her right hand waving back and forth as fast as permitted, smiling ear to ear. It's really so sweet. She will sometimes wave to strangers but mostly to us when we come and go. A wave is usually followed by some clapping because she's so proud of herself. Well, we were so proud of her when she figured waving out we would exclaim "Yay!!" and start clapping. It goes hand in hand. Ohhhh it's so sweet. I said that twice. That is just how sweet it is folks.











0 woot-woots!: