22 April 2013

Bottle Drives

 photo photo_zpsab1c395d.jpg






My Favorite Green Soothie

2 Big Ol' Handfuls of Spinach
1/2 Banana
Lemon- half inch slice with rind
1 1/2 C Frozen Fruit (my fav is the Costco mix of melon, pineapple, strawberry, peach)
Water as needed

The rind is the secret weapon here, don't let that voice in your head tell you otherwise.







You can add other stuff as you like, from time to time I do. The other day I dug out a bag of frozen peas I thought we ate already and poured some on in. If my strawberries are looking especially sad I throw those in too. Today I put half of an over ripe pear in and that was kinda gross but still edible. I was quickly reminded of why I should not buy fresh fruit out of season. That particular day at the store the pears were staring up at me and I could not resist buying a few so I gambled, I gambled and I lost. Those dang pears took 13 days to ripen and I didn't use them until day 17. I don't know what my problem is but you know how it is. The over ripe pear kind of made the smoothie taste like how a Bottle Drive smells. Where I come from you can collect $$ for empty bottles so we did a lot of Bottle Drives to fundraise and do Bottle Drives ever stink. Drinking this mornings smoothie made me nostalgic for the Slave Lake Sharks Swim Club though, so I guess putting that rotten half a pear in the smoothie wasn't a complete waste. Oh the Bottle Drives! And, you know, Jude still sucked his down so I'm chalking it up as an all around win. Kid loves his smoothies. I do believe the lemon with rind saved the day in the end.


0 woot-woots!: