04 May 2013

Prep for Mothers Day ...and maybe Christmas too.

 photo afterlight_zps9b64760d.jpg photo afterlight_zpsed67abbb.jpg

Just when I thought I was going to start taking Blogging a little more seriously I go MIA for the week. Ha. Life is full of good intentions.

So what has been going on.... lots of Jude walking all over the place. He is still full of baby shuffles and wobbles and someone get me a bandage for my bleeding heart already. This kid, I tell you. He just kills me. Our hearts are full. Having a little person to love and to be loved by is like nothing I have ever experienced before. Of course, like any other parent, I say stay little my little person. I want this baby love to last forever but I know it won't so darned if I don't make the most of it. When I hold him close I close my eyes and just let it ooze into every open space there is and then drip down so maybe I can save some for later. It helps me peacefully deal with all the wrongs and seems to make the rights even better. Yeah, we clean up a lot of poop and food squished into everywhere and everything and there is so much laundry to do and sleep is a joke and ugly plastic toys he loves but it actually is worth it. My cold heart is melting. Alert the authorities!

It seems like Jude is happening at a pretty great time. Done is childhood, done is being a teenager, done are those enticing and exciting twenties and now, to do: Jude. At least for me this is how it goes and I like it, a lot. With disappointment I have felt that all the fun and exciting things were slowing down but now I can do it again. With my baby! I mean, not that I want to live through him, but I want to live beside him. Forever and always. But don't get me wrong, I have limits which include no basement habitation after age 40. Healthy limits.

This whole parenthood business, shucks, it makes me feel like Virginia O'Hanlon when she received her famous response of "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus". These babies, they fill you with hope, like Santa Claus.

You may tear apart the baby's rattle and see what makes the noise inside, but there is a veil covering the unseen world which not the strongest man, nor even the united strength of all the strongest men that ever lived, could tear apart. Only faith, fancy, poetry, love, romance, can push aside that curtain and view and picture the supernal beauty and glory beyond. Is it all real? Ah, VIRGINIA, in all this world there is nothing else real and abiding.                                                                                                                     
                                                                                                                                 
                                                                                                                          ~Francis P. Church                  

 photo afterlight_zpsf0d74095.jpg




3 woot-woots!:

Unknown said...

omg. those little jude faces. what a rascal!

Wansika said...

I'm a fan of your blog and what you just wrote there, it's very beautiful, every word :)

Kassie and Jordon said...

LOVE this post! Keep up the great blogging, P