11 June 2013

Sorry guys, summer is taking over.

I realize that I am kind of the worst at blogging these days. But I really loooove blogging. Even though I would rather enjoy it if the hobby brought me monetary gain, I sporadically continue because mostly I want something of my thoughts and experiences to survive and paper journaling is too boring for me. And isn't the Internet forever? Although I do enjoy my own penmanship. It's a weird thing. To the Internet I turn! (when I feel like it, hah!)

This week I find myself in the valley of the Y mountain in Utah. I lived here for four and a half years and I don't think I really thought it was pretty until now. I was so spoiled by those Alberta Rockies and I would not relent on the ugliness of mountains that stay brown for most of the year. How I was wrong! The Utah mountains are breathtaking! Lest I forget and return to my previous snobbish ways, my confession is here on the Internet and the Internet is a witness that never forgets even when things get unfortunate.

So, yes. I'm visiting with my sister Eve and her family that I love. It's wonderful, really. I like to say "Welcome to Chateau Werner: Where the Diet Coke flows freely". And also the Nutella. Oh man, my ass. I don't even buy Nutella anymore because it is that much of an issue. For sure heading to Costco to replace what my butt ate before I leave. It's rather embarrassing and I'm really not sure if I should ever travel to Europe again. Besides the Diet Coke and Nutella, there are also adorable children to speak of and Jude is smitten with them. Jude is such a fun age for stuff like this. Things he likes to do in Utah include but are not limited to: pointing at his cousins, pointing at the mountains, pointing at the water table, pointing at the patio door because he wants to go out there, and, oh yeah, being such a turd about a measly 2 hour time change. Such a baby, that baby. We are having a great time though so I'd have to say that long, solo, nights with a little turd sleeper baby are even worth it. Oh Utah. You are good to me and I'll always come back. And there are also lots of friends that I got to catch up with too. Bonus.

And then another sister came and surprised me here!! All of a sudden Nunu was standing in the kitchen last Saturday morning. It was so fun to be surprised like that! A good surprise is always the best and when it is your sister it is even better!! She is gone already though (tear) but it was sooooooo nice to have 3 out of 7 siblings together for a weekend. I'm lucky and thanks ladies :)!! 

And also, I'm really not taking the greatest pictures. Woe is me and such is life. If there happen to be grammar and/or spelling mistakes feel free to correct them in the comments. I left my dear editor and lover, Dan, at home in Virginia... and I took our child. We miss him like nutso and that is probably the only thing that makes me want to go home.

1 woot-woots!:

Kassie and Jordon said...

That's so awesome you got surprised by another sis!!! Sweet