17 July 2013

It's Hot Outside, what else is new.

 photo photo_zps893ff3d6.jpg



What is it about summer and blogging? I think the two simply do not go together. It may even be a fact.

I need to put something else up in this space so you won't always be looking at my last not so funny post. So lets get things rollin'. 

Dan and I went on a road trip up to the big ol' Canada for the Forth of July week. It was kinda funny because we missed Canada Day in Canada and then as if it was only proper, we missed the Forth of July in the US. We had a great time though- got to see some family and to finally eat some decent chocolate. Definitely a great trip. If only I had taken more pictures. Pictures or it didn't happen, right? Ha ha, no pictures here my lovers! But it did happen and it was sooooo fun to see how much Jude and his cousins like each other. These cousins are a little older - ages 9-14 and the whole time it was "Is baby Jude up yet? Can I watch him sleep? Where's Jude? Can I feed him?". It was a really great trip, filled up this empty heart. 

In other news, Dan and I have been doing some workout DVDs together. I really like doing them with him. I'm pretty sure it's good for any marriage to watch your spouse jump around like a ninnie for 30 minutes and vice versa. And I think most other moms are like this so I'm just gonna say it. Um, jumping around for 30 minutes, and I mean really jumping, is a problem for my bladder and leakage. I do kegels whenever I think of them but DUDE. Still an issue. My friend was super lucky and got to have a baby in France where they 're-educate' (direct translation, ha ha!!) your vagina with mild electric shock treatment and I only wish! Come on North America, what is the hold up with that technology? I'm gonna talk to my midwives pronto cause jumping and peeing is not really working out for me here. I'm even more of a ninnie than Dan. 

I have a strange suspicion that was a gross thing to blog about instead of funny. Oh well. You heard it here first! It's how I be. 

And then Jude. Oh I want to gush about that sweet little boy all the time. Skip this part if you prefer posts about animals. These days he is a sleeping champ. I was going to say 'champ in the bedroom' but then I stopped and retyped it here for good measure. He is so good at sleeping that sometimes I wonder whose kid this is anyway. He's like a Crock Pot baby. I can just set him and forget him! Of course, when his molars come in there is a little less 'forgetting' him, but still. I will take this over what the past year has been. What else about Jude. A lot of people mistake him for a girl. Well, not a lot, but some. And I dress him how I would want to be dressed if I was a baby boy and all that jazz, so besides the red sandals that Kassie says are for sure little girl shoes he looks boyish? But also I don't care that much about it all. So except for his red sandals I think he looks like a boy but also does it really matter? It can actually be pretty amusing to see how awkward the other person feels when they find out he is a boy. But, I think I have come to a conclusion about this whole thing. I am pretty sure that he is just such a beautiful baby that most people think he is a girl because he is just that darn good looking. That's all I can make of it all. Or I need to cut his hair. But that hair! Those curls!

 photo photo_zps0500c114.jpg
 photo photo_zps69185eb4.jpg


And I think I finally learned how to apply eyeliner at the ripe old age of 30. NBD. 



2 woot-woots!:

AKutarna said...

Ummm, he IS darn good looking! NEVER cut off his precious delicious golden curls!

Kassie and Jordon said...

I think you're right, he does look like a girl because his face is so beautiful. And I think I'm right about those girly shoes. HA. And you are right about needed vaginal re-education in North America. So, 2 to 1, you win.