20 May 2015

TWO MONTHS OLD and other musings

My sweet Great Girl is T W O months old! I can hardly believe it. She is a wonderful little thing and of course, a wonderful cliche, we love her to bits. Ohhhhh Greta!!!

Right now things are still pretty chill. My sweet newborn is starting to wake up to the world. She's smiling and cooing and tires her best to keep her eyes on that big brother of hers, which is hard, because he has ants in his pants. Ask him to check for the ants next time you see him, it's adorable. Little Greta wants to be held more these days but I don't even mind. My dishes may be piling up but so is my snuggle time, so who cares. This little lady will only snuggle me for so long. Well, Jude still snuggles the crap out of me when he gets the chance so maybe my snuggles with Greta will last just as long. If chance would fall upon me. 

Today I was going through some old pictures of University, of Paris, of my mission, and so on and so forth, and I was so amazed at all the unique opportunities I've got to experience in my life so far. Life has so many different seasons and I do my best to enjoy each as much as I can. Looking at all the old pictures I was reminded of certain things I was hoping for and wanting to happing right then and next and tomorrow for goodness sake, and why not already. But, I was also reminded of the happiness, even the sadness, I had exactly at those moments and so grateful that I got to be there. I just really love life and everything all the time and POSTPARTUM HORMONES make me so gushy. Oh life is so beautiful. Are you rolling your eyes yet? I'll stop. I just love loving things. And now I have kids who get to experience that stuff too. It      is     all       so       beautiful. ..... even when it's not. 

After much thought and soul searching I've decided to leave my blog public for now. I may not talk as much about my kids or put as many pictures of them on here, but I'll still be around, until I'm not. 

News around here, I started to be serious about losing my baby/brownie weight. I call it that because 2 months in I'm pretty sure my body has rid itself of all the baby libbers and now we are working on what the brownies did to me. Well, I guess I let them.

I really believe I can stick to my healthy eating and exercise. In fact I know I can. Greta's birth was so cathartic for me and it gave me the confidence and strength I have been lacking for sometime. There is absolutely nothing wrong with epidurals and c-sections and pain medication. They are all amazing tools that help bring life into this world and I've used some of them myself. For Greta's birth though, It felt like my soul was in deep need of believing in itself again. I needed to believe that I was strong and I longed to see the proof. I needed a reboot. And good God, there is nothing like a natural labor to reboot oneself. I feel like I could wrestle a physical/mental Hulk and win. Anyway, in a very corny way I honestly feel like I'm drawing from Greta's birth experience to help me have the strength and will to feed my body what it needs to be healthy and strong. I'm harnessing that energy you guys, and I'm going to use it all over the place, not just in the kitchen, but, also in the kitchen. I'm pretty excited. When I get  brave enough I'll post some before and after pictures.

And to take us out, Jude says the sweetest things these days. I love watching the wheels spin in his head as he puts things together. We were driving to Greta's 2 month check up today and a few minutes into the trip he says "Mom, will your stretching marks go away?" It was so sweet. I said yes, because, well, they do fade, which for me is as good as it's gonna get, and I don't even mind.





0 woot-woots!: