28 January 2013

Weekend

Jude had his first 'stay-home-in-bed-sick-weekend'. Yes, that is what we did this past weekend. We cancelled all our plans, called the nurse to make sure he wasn't going to die, and hunkered down for a weekend of sick. His fever burned and burned until it finally broke sometime in the early hours of Sunday morning. Until then, all he wanted was to be held by his mother day and night. I snuggled up that little fire ball for hours on end and oh how he wanted to nurse. All night long. Which has left me with lumpy boobs, aka mastitis. Nothing like a sharp increase in supply followed by a baby who doesn't want to eat what he conjured up cause he is all better now. Jude. So today I'll be the one with her hand down her shirt massaging her lumpy boob all the live long day and cursing our microwave for breaking. How am I suppose to heat up my rice bag now? Hmmm? Could I use the oven? I shall consult Google in just a minute.

Yesterday, when Jude had an appetite again, I thought, well, lets try feeding this thing. There I was putting a bib on him but it seemed a little tighter than usual. So I pulled and pulled while Jude protested. Finally looking up, I realized I put the bib in his mouth instead of around his neck. I was gagging my poor little POW. It was pretty funny and also too bad that Jude was so upset about it at the time, keeping him from seeing the humor in it all . If he could have just calmed down I think he would have got a kick out of it. Don't worry, he wasn't hurt.

And here we are already, on the other side of the sick. We made it. Now I shall hold out hope that fever and chills don't come to me next because of the issue of my breast.

Also- I keep meaning to report. I finally tried out a homemade yogurt recipe and it turned out amazing. I highly recommend it.
Photobucket

0 woot-woots!: