26 February 2013

One to the One {pictures added!}



It's that time again... time for another Jude update! I know I am always ranting about the cuteness of my child and that every parent feels that way, so thank you for indulging me. Really, I know that every baby out there is the cutest, even the not so cute ones are the cutest. There seems to be something about soft skin, wispy hair, chubby bums, and slobbery kisses that universally up a cute factor like nobodies business.

This time he hit the ELEVEN month mark. Good Lord.

  • Jude for sure has pointing down and also enjoys clasping both of his hands together above his head. 
  • He finally got the whole sippy cup thing and can chug like a champ, gasping for air and coming up red faced. 
  • I am maybe convinced that he knows what "mama" means but know I am a tough crowd. 
  • Learned how to flush the toilet and is a proficient turner offer of light switches. Also learned about toilet paper. 
  • Pulls himself up on anything he possibly can and cruises- his favorite is when he can go in circles. Because of this cruising he always looks a little banged up. I swear I did not give him any of the bumps, bruises, or scratches he is currently sporting on his forehead. His balance is definitely improving but still much is desired. I fear a TBI every time my eyes are off of him because I'm blinking for crying out loud. 
  • When he's tired he takes his index fingers and hooks them into the collar of his shirt/onesie/pj's.
  • Loves his eye sore of an activity table and knows exactly where to put the balls and where they come out. 
  • Continually tries new foods but isn't really into all the stuff we eat yet... I think this is more our fault? 
  • Has mastered spitting out food he doesn't like- typically in slow motion which can be somewhat adorable. 
  • Is up to a total of 6 teeth. We did not even notice the last one that grew in until today- perhaps why he has been giving his death cry around 11pm each night?
  • Started to crawl on all fours but still prefers the army crawl.
  • Will take off his left shoe any opportunity he is given. Only his left shoe. Weird.
  • Loves to Skype and Facetime (come one come all!).
  • Has discovered "stranger danger" or likes to "make strange" as we Canadians put it. Makes the gym daycare a little difficult these days. Child, you are going to be fine, play with your peers.
  • Loves to watch other kids and grab their faces. 
  • Needs a hair cut so badly but I just can't.
These past few months have been really interactive months with Jude which equals fun. We (more correct, I) can't wait for the spring and summer so we can be outdoors more enjoying free events in the park.

Oh little Jude... next month you will be a whole year old. Wow. Lets take your 11th month of life nice and slow- lots of long walks, peek-a-booing, and endless babbles. I'll continue with the stop growing kisses in a meager attempt to keep you little forever. I don't want to forget anything.

he also whines for what he wants now


and discovered toilet paper.. we laughed and took pictures because isn't it a right of passage kind of thing? only the first time though!



2 woot-woots!:

Nawana said...

pics or it didn't happen

Kassie and Jordon said...

AHHHH I can't wait to see Jude babe tomorrow!