02 April 2013

A One-One!

 photo b6549bc1-7e63-4f1e-94d5-011164f9f329_zpsa20eb1c0.jpg


It's been too long my friends. So sorry- I'm sure you have no idea how you can keep going day to day without a little Jude update in your lives. An update you shall have! There is so much to say about this little nugget. For instance, this little boy up and turned ONE last week! I can't believe it myself. We crammed as many people as we could into our apartment to fete this little one. We had kids running around, food everywhere, and adults trying to eat in the most awkward of places. It was fun and Jude only had one melt down. After some mommy cuddles away from the masses he calmed down and was ready for some birthday cupcake. He loved it. He ate it very carefully and was not happy when I attempted to take it away. I have the hardest time giving this kid crap food- I mean, I make a great crap cupcake but still. Please continue to sigh, I'm sure when I have another kid it will be sucking on a Dorito long before its first birthday. I'm allowed to be a neurotic first time mom- you were too.

Now. Lets talk about 12 months!

  • FUN, Jude is so much fun. He loves to discover new things and show them to us.
  • Loves animals. We even got a bird feeder so he could stare at the nasty pigeons in the mornings. That's called love.
  • Knows what "mama" and "dada" mean now... or more correctly, I finally believe he knows what those words mean.
  • His favorite place is in the bathroom opening our drawers and throwing our stuff all around. Most of the time this is cute, sometimes it is not so cute.
  • Will sometimes shy away from new people with a sly little grin on his face. 
  • Points at everything!
  • Has started to make sounds involving the "g" sound.
  • Eating is trial and error. We give him lots of table food but he usually isn't too interested in it. So on we continue with his favorites: corn, cheese, sweet potatoes, bananas, oranges, strawberries, green smoothies, yogurt,  and something I like to call "toddler pancakes" (blended veggies with an egg and a banana thinned out and cooked like a pancake). 
  • He is slowing down with the nursing. I have such a hard time deciding if I am going to wean him sooner than he would like so I can start working part time. Ahhh. Decisions!
  • Loves being out side.
  • Is most giggly when he is really tired.
  • Has eight teeth. 
  • Is so close to walking. He will walk around a room holding just one of your hands and he giggles the whole time. 
That's our Jude at one year. He is such a sweet heart. Come visit and see for yourself :)!!

 photo 865eb037-3187-4c44-96dc-908d0ed9b9b2_zps1272b1a4.jpg


3 woot-woots!:

Unknown said...

I love this one-one. Such a nice boy y'all made! Oh, and Im pretty sure I eat toddler pancakes all the time, except I just call them pancakes. I was kinda famous at my house is Halifax for sweet potato pancakes ;)

Kailey said...

I am working full time and Lucas isn't weaned. It's possible to do both. :)

Dave and Rashelle said...

what a cute birthday boy! Glad we could be there to celebrate him!